Aeotec ZW187 Recessed Door Sensor 7 (Z-Wave Plus)
Need Some Advice? Speak to one of our staff
Invisible automation is perfect automation
Truly intelligent. Truly invisible. At under 0.4" in width some might call it compact. We prefer to call it invisible. It’s a door-based sensor that’s been designed as the door sensor should have always been: powerful but invisible. It installs within a door's frame and monitors the use of that door, enabling security monitoring and powering intelligent automation.
- Monitor when a door is opened. Trigger automation scenes or security routines whenever the installation door is opened.
- Monitor when a door is closed. Separate automation and security commands are issued whenever a door closes again.
- Compatible with Z-Wave systems.
Recessed Door Sensor 7 is compatible with Z-Wave and Z-Wave Plus gateways.
The beauty of an invisible installation is complemented by the beauty of a straightforward installation. Installing Recessed Door Sensor 7 is easy. And pairing it with an automation system takes no more than activating its battery and scanning its QR code. Making the whole thing invisible means little more than a drill hole hidden away on the loop of a door. It's the sort of installation that takes no more than 10 minutes but provides years' worth of automation intelligence.
- Gen7 inside - Security sensors have to be secure. Automation sensors have to be advanced. Recessed Door Sensor 7 is powered by Aeotec’s Gen7 technology and features Z-Wave Plus, S2 wireless security, and SmartStart installation.
- 2 years' battery life - With its all new technology, Recessed Door Sensor 7 now lasts two times longer than older models: up to 2 years. And once spent, changing the battery is as simple as lifting Recessed Door Sensor 7 out its door frame, swapping the battery, and slotting the sensor back into the door.
- Wireless maximum - Security sensors have to be dependable. Recessed Door Sensor 7 is. Through its use of 700 series Z-Wave, its wireless range allows Recessed Door Sensor 7 to communicate with other Z-Wave devices up to 150 meters / 492 feet away.