Aeotec ZW189 Range Extender 7 (Z-Wave Plus)
- Product Type:
- HA Plug-In Modules & Outlets
- Body Color:
- Max Lumens:
- Tools Count:
Need Some Advice? Speak to one of our staff
Z-Wave manages your automations. Range Extender 7 manages Z-Wave.
Z-Wave doesn't depend on expensive wires to run. It’s wireless. But that means that, just like Wi-Fi, there are areas where the wireless signal may not be optimal. Range Extender 7 fixes wireless weaknesses. Install it in the appropriate spot, sync it with your gateway, and Range Extender 7 will start optimally relaying and amplifying Z-Wave. Dead spots be dead.
Extreme performance. Extreme compatibility.
Empowered by Aeotec's exclusive Gen7 technology, but not limited by it, Range Extender 7 is compatible with all new and old generations of Z-Wave technology. Through its universal compatibility, Range Extender 7 is able to repeat and amplify Z-Wave signals from Z-Wave devices as old as those using 100 series antennas and S0 security, all the way up to newer devices which use either 500 or 700 series and S2 security.
- 100 and 300 series - Compatibility goes as far fast as original, 100 series Z-Wave devices and encompasses 300 series technology as well.
- 500 series and Gen5 - Last-generation devices that use 500 series Z-Wave or Gen5 are compatible including those that use S2 security.
- S0 security - Range Extender 7 easily repeats and amplifies devices that use Z-Wave's original S0 security stack.
- 700 series - Built with this latest antenna technology, Range Extender 7 is compatible with 700 series and its SmartStart technologies.
- Gen7 - Z-Wave products built atop of Aeotec's exclusive Gen7 technology stack are natively compatible with with Range Extender 7; it has Gen7 built-in.
- S2 security - Secure communications that use S2 technology are received, amplified, and repeated by Range Extender 7 without ever compromising on security or encryption levels.
All antenna. All optimisation.
Z-Wave devices that plug into a power outlet typically include some kind of repeater technology which can lead to some installers using a Z-Wave smart plug instead of a dedicated repeater. But not all repeaters are born equal. Engineered and custom-crafted for one task, and one task alone, 100% of Range Extender 7’s 2.2 inch fascia is completely focused on capturing, amplifying, and repeating weak and lagging Z-Wave signals.
Friendly to power sockets.
Designed to be as compact as possible without ever compromising on wireless performance, Range Extender 7 is sized so that it doesn’t block neighboring power outlets. It's front-most face measures only 46x46mm / 1.8x1.8in.